Saturday, June 23, 2007

day 5

Jubilate Deo

Today there was one thing which was the subject of Synod, Bishops. The morning and much of the afternoon was spent in Holy Trinity electing our next primate. The Church was hot, and there was a deadlock in sight throughout the day. I was always remember the thunderous applause when the results was announced, which continued as the Order of Bishops re entered, and the beautiful singing of Jubilate Deo, as the Order was returning. I truly felt the Holy Spirit.

The interesting part of the rest of the day was that most of it I was absent for. The evening had two presentations, and my diocese decided to have dinner. Dinner was wonderful and took up most of the evening. I returned for the investiture of the Indigenous Bishop. And then go out for a dinner in Winnipeg with the other Youth Members.

I was always remember this as one in which the Holy Spirit moved in the church. Its messy but wonderful.

No comments: