Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 4

We are One in The Spirit,
We are One in The Lord.
We are One in The Spirit,
We are One in The Lord.
And we pray that all unity
may one day be restored.
And they'll know we are Christians by our love,

By our Love,
Yes they'll know we are Christians by our love.

Today was the main day with the Lutherans. It was an interesting day, I was asked to be a communion assistant today, so it meant that I had to miss home group. When I arrived at the convention centre, it happened that a few of the buttons on my coat fall off, so i had to run back and find a sewing kit. In all I was about an hours late for the celebrations. What was different was that the entire day took place in the context of a celebration of Holy Communion, the service begun at 9 in the morning and was over around 3:30. After the service was a reception by the religious orders in Canada, a cause very dear to my heart.

That night also marked Stephen Andrews becoming the prolocutor of General Synod. I was very pleased by the election. After plenary, I went to a party in the York Hotel, It was nice to get to know the other youth delegates better. Then I hurried off to bed.

No comments: