Monday, June 18, 2007

day 1!

Alleluia! sing to Jesus! His the scepter, His the throne.
Alleluia! His the triumph, His the victory alone.
Hark! the songs of peaceful Zion thunder like a mighty flood.
Jesus out of every nation has redeemed us by His blood.

These are the words I am associate the most closely with Synods. After all every Algoma Synod I remember begun with these words. As I boarded the Cherryhill bus on Monday afternoon headed to the airport, it was these words which were in my head as i watched my girlfriend walk away from the bus stop, parted for 8 days. It was also these words which were in my head while I was waiting for the CRC 100 jet to take off from London headed to Winnipeg. Today was a long day. The one thing which I could not help but to think that this was unlike anything I have ever attended before. This is seen by the General Synod water bottles, coffee mugs and bags, raveling anything Laurentian has ever given in frosh kits.

I'm off...its way too weird ajusting to the time difference.
c

No comments: