Wednesday, June 20, 2007

day 3

The day Thou gavest, Lord, is ended,
The darkness falls at Thy behest;
To Thee our morning hymns ascended,
Thy praise shall sanctify our rest.

We thank Thee that Thy church, unsleeping,
While earth rolls onward into light,
Through all the world her watch is keeping,
And rests not now by day or night.


Today was the first real day of Synod. The morning session was mainly spent on items on the no debate list and the afternoon with presentations and seminars. The nominations for prolocutor were announced, and I fear that the election of the big coffee pot is as hard as a choice as the election of the big monkey (just a little really bad humour).

Today we had lunch with the other youth delegates, which yours truly arranged. Then we traveled to a nearby candy store to get supplies for the days ahead. Being a big sugar freak, I of course got the biggest pixy stick I could find, and for awhile was leading the other youth members present down the street in solemn possession, as the carrier of the processional pixy stick...one of those things you do when sleep deprived and stressed.

This evening several youth members enjoyed a night at the pubs, before the 6:45 breakfast with the candidates for primate tomorrow. I for one could not get up this morning at 7:00, so I doubt that I will be able to get up for that time and go to the pub. Instead I went to a reception of Anglican Colleges in Canada, It was well attended and I enjoyed it.

The daily Anglican Journal we get as members of Synod, asked what’s in your survivor kit today, I learned what it is, time for reflection alone. This occurred today on my supper break when I was going down the water slide and doing laps. Of course when the Primate drops in, and your singing "lift high the cross" it may look a bit strange, but of course The day Thou gravest, Lord, is ended.

1 comment:

aj said...

We've heard you sing that. Not a pretty picture.