Tuesday, June 19, 2007

day 2 pre-service

In the name of Christ we gather,
in the name of Christ we sing,
celebrate new vows,
new promise of a life's whole offering,
here ordained to lead God's people
at the Gospel's beckoning.

Well this morning was my morning off for General Synod. The orders of day was to have breakfast (7:30), go see Winnipeg, head to the hotel for lunch, and then hit the pool before orientation, however what was fun is that I found out that Synod has a way of sneaking in, no matter where in the city you are. Today I toured the legislature, and saw the city headed back to hotel, and didn't even make it in the front door before the gathering begun. I saw old friends and made some new ones. At lunch we had a members of the Brothers of Holy Cross at our table, we had a nice long chat. Then after lunch I promised myself that I would only spend a few minutes looking at exhibits before hitting the waves, a few minutes turned into an hour...oops. Next up was orientation, asked a few questions got to know kinda whats going on, and then back to the room and hitting the pool. Of course going to the pool requires you to walk through the lobby, in my case it was in a towel and swimming trucks, and of course who should appear are people I haven't seen for awhile, and the Anglican Journal to interview me and take my picture. soon after, I finally made it to the pool, hit the waves and water slide. Then forgot about the time change and headed for supper an hour early...oops!

The lesson this day in Synod is it is in the name of Christ that we gather, and he gives us our orders of the day..whether touring the city or going down a water slide singing "In the name of Christ we gather!"

1 comment:

aj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.